Tuesday 23 August 2016

A Change for Autumn

Well are you all ears?
There are some changes taking place in the blog for Feltmakers North, it is with great regret and sadness,  that I have decided to stand down as blogger. I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging to you all, every month, about what we at Feltmakers North are up to! But I think I am leaving you in good hands!
I thought I would end off with some photos!
I think this was our very first Christmas felt in, which was taken by the lovely Dorothy Dinsmore, a very generous and patient member and tutor. In the photograph are also Gail Cooke and Liz Nicholls who along with myself founded Feltmakers North in 2010.
We have had some wonderful tutors over the years, and one of my favourites is Elizabeth Bonnar, who Gail and I first met in Dublin. She could see we were very keen to learn the correct techniques of felting although in those days we were very inexperienced, however our thirst for knowledge appealed to her! Having said that I do love all our other tutors, all of whom we have had tremendous fun with, in various venues from Portballintrae, Hillsborough, Lisburn to Newry and some in between! We owe them a lot as they have increased our knowledge and love of felting a great deal!
Feltmakers North have not only run workshop and felt ins but we have also had two fabulous exhibitions in The Island Arts Centre. Above photo shows Barbara Finlay and Lesley Blackstock at The Creative Stitch Show in Belfast, where we able to spread the word about felting.
We always start our Felt ins with a wee cuppa, which enables us to catch up with everyone, as we really have a lovely bunch of people who are members and others who just pop in. I do recommend just popping in to a feltin its a good way to get a feel for felting.

Well I am not ending off with a sheep picture today but instead a Shug or a peep!?? So many of my friends have emailed me this photo I had to include so thank you! I think this would go down well in my house only problem is I would need three!
Pug is Sheep's clothing! 
I must say I am very sad posting this, but I hope everyone continues to enjoy felting and reading the blog! So take care everyone!
Fiona Harvey

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Fiona and all,

    I have so enjoyed reading your marvelous blog posts from all the way over here in Michigan, and the biggest thrill of all, getting to meet all of you and recognizing the Feltmakers North members through your posts and images. Thank you for connecting us all the world over.

    I love that pug/sheep....Going to print that out for my granddaughter, though I'm sure her Pug, Emma, would prefer that I not give her any ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are not going to be keeping us amused and informed as our blogger. Hope to see you soon and good luck to your successor. Thanks for all the felting news over the years.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are not going to be keeping us amused and informed as our blogger. Hope to see you soon and good luck to your successor. Thanks for all the felting news over the years.xx

    ReplyDelete