Feltmakers North was launched in December 2010 by Gail Cooke, Fiona Harvey & Liz Nicholls when realising there was little to offer the enthusiastic felter in Northern Ireland.
It is a voluntary organisation based in Hillsborough and currently has some 30 members from around Northern Ireland. Our felt makers range from complete beginners to those with advanced skills and experience.
We meet on the third Saturday of each month when we share and learn new techniques, receive practical help, updates regarding events and news from the felting world.
STATEMENT of PURPOSE
The primary objectives of Feltmakers' North are multifold:-
- to promote the development of the art of felt making;
- to inspire, unite and inform members;
- to share knowledge, skills, ideas and provide support amongst the group members;
- to facilitate the exhibition of members' work showcasing the diversity of felting;
- to provide a relaxed social setting for individual and group projects, demonstrations and workshops.